Wednesday 24 December 2008

Full screen Xlib_shm viewer without a window manager

Turned out to be pretty simple (again). I installed GDM instead of XDM, using GDM you can use the tool 'gdmsetup' to enable a default auto login user. Gdmsetup also enables you to choose to run a so called Xclient script instead of a full window manager.

After choosing the Xclient script you need to create a file called '.xsession' in the users home dir.

In this file I added the following:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/sbin/xlib_shm-script


Now when the zoneminder server boots up it will automatically login a dedicated zoneminder users and the Xclient script runs the xlib_shm script I made earlier (see previous post).

Screen Resolution For Xclient Script
Using the tool 'displayconfig-gtk' you can set a screen resolution in which the script will run.
I set this to 800x600 which suits the four Zoneminder camera's best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking best grey suit for my dad.I hope can you help me guys.